Work Permit Lawyer in El Paso

Work Legally in the United States of America

Working in the United States requires a certain immigration status or permit. If you are a foreign national living in the U.S. you are not able to work unless granted permission or a permit to work. People who hold a green card, permanent residency, or U.S. citizenship can accept employment in the country. Otherwise, there must be a special permit granted to work.

A work permit is a form of photo identification issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. It is often referred to as the Employment Authorization Document or EAD. The process to obtain this permit can be long and stressful. Working with a trusted El Paso immigration attorney, however, can make all the difference. Our team will ensure the process is done correctly. 

Who is Eligible to Apply for a Work Permit in El Paso?

Every person who is not otherwise authorized to work must submit the application before accepting employment in the United States. These categories include K-1 fiance visa holders, asylees, people with pending green card applications, people who hold spousal visas, people with temporary protected status, and others. 

Call 915-996-9070 to speak to an El Paso work permit lawyer.

Who Should Apply for an El Paso Work Permit?

People who will benefit and need to apply for a green card include:

  • Students who need to support themselves or are looking for optional practical training
  • Fiancees of visa holders
  • People who are seeking asylum or temporary protected status
  • People who are seeking permanent resident status
  • Spouses or minors of exchange visitors
  • Others on a case by case basis

What Happens Once You Apply?

Approval is determined based on several items including asylee, temporary protected status, etc. If you’ve been approved, you will get your EAD card in roughly 30 days. If you have been denied, there is no appeal. However, you can request the agency to reconsider. Once you receive the card, you will be able to work. It’s important to keep the expiration date in mind, as you will want to apply for renewal at least 120 days before it expires.

El Paso work visa application papers

How Can an El Paso Work Permit Attorney Help My Case?

The main reason you will want to hire an attorney for any immigration process including work permits and visas is that a lawyer understands the complicated regulations and laws. 

Our El Paso immigration law firm will ensure that your application is submitted properly and error-free. Immigration attorney Cynthia R. Lopez is ready to guide you through the process. Please give us a call today at 915-996-9070 to arrange a consultation.