El Paso Attorney

Crossing international lines will mean different things to different people. To some it may be an extended visit to the United States that will be more than just a few weeks time. Others are seeking relocation for student, work or citizenship purposes. Whichever the reason, a local immigration lawyer in El Paso can help assist those who may run into complications with paperwork or other border crossing issues.immigration lawyer el paso

If you are already a permanent resident of the United States, and wish to travel outside of the country, you will need to carry up to date information to not abandon your residency status. Travel documents are important for all permanent residents traveling abroad and returning back to the United States. Advanced parole is where immigrants are still in the adjustment stage of residency; their residency status is usually still pending. This type of documentation helps communicate to authorities of their immigration status in order to avoid any misunderstandings. Advanced parole is granted to refugees and people in an asylum status if they are seeking travel and return to the United States. Be informed that permanent residents who wish to leave the U.S for more than a year will need to be prepared to apply for a re-entry permit.

A person in good standing with the local immigration office may be able to return to the country with nothing more than their permanent resident card or green card to suffice for re-entry. Having communication with a lawyer in El Paso can help to clear up any misinformation pertaining to border crossing procedures and ensure accurate protocol to avoid complications.

For more information on the services of a reputable immigration lawyer in El Paso, contact Lopez & Associates today at (915) 996-9070 or visit our office located at 915 Huckleberry El Paso, Texas 79903