An Experienced Attorney Can Guide Your Case

Consular Processing

There is a way to apply for a resident visa from outside of the United States. This process is called consular processing and can be done through a U.S. consulate or embassy overseas. This process is one of the two ways people can apply for family-based immigration.

To be eligible for consular processing, a family member that is a U.S. citizen must petition on your behalf. Moreover, the person who is being sponsored must be an immediate family member of the sponsor or fall under the family preference categories. The purpose of form I-130 is to establish evidence that the individual is eligible for a green card.

Why Seek the Help of an Attorney?

Just like any immigration process, consular processing can be confusing, daunting, and downright overwhelming. To ensure the process is filed and submitted correctly, it is important to get an experienced lawyer at your side.

Come by our offices today or give us a call at 915-996-9070.